I. ELIGIBILITY FOR PARTICIPATION
1. The 2017-2018 Batang Pinoy Championships is a multi-sport competition for Filipino youth aged 15 years and below.
2. Participants shall be classified under two (2) age groups: Under 13 and 13-15 Years Old.
3. Athletes born on March 1, 2002 and onwards may participate in the 2017 Qualifying Legs and 2018 National Finals.
4. An athlete should participate as a member of the official delegation of a province, chartered city, or municipality. Barangay-level endorsements of athletes shall NOT be accepted.
5. An athlete should be a Filipino citizen, whether by birth or naturalization. A Fil-foreign athlete may participate as long as he/she represents a particular LGU.
6. An athlete may represent only one (1) LGU.
7. An athlete should have resided in his/her represented LGU for at least two (2) years. Endorsed athletes shall be presumed to meet the residency requirement unless proven otherwise through a formal protest by any party.
8. Participation in the Batang Pinoy is for free (no entry/participation fee to be collected).
9. Athletes of all LGUs, including the host cities and provinces, must participate in their respective Qualifying Legs (Mindanao, Visayas, or Luzon) to qualify for the National Finals.
1. LGU Entry Form A (Summary of Entry by Number) certified by the LGU Head or Administrator indicating the numbers of the following:
a. Participating athletes per sport
b. Coaches per Sport
c. Delegation Officials (the Head of Delegation should be an LGU official
2. LGU Entry Form A-1 (Entry by Number per Event)
3. LGU Entry Form B (Entry by Name per Event) indicating the following:
a. Names of participating athletes per event (based on birth certificate)
b. Ages of participating athletes per event
4. Medical Clearance and Waiver of Liability Form to be signed by the athlete, parent/legal guardian, and physician designated by the LGU or parent/legal guardian
5. Certified true copy of athlete’s birth certificate issued by the National Statistics Office or the local Civil Registrar
6. The following deadlines shall be strictly enforced:
*NOTE: Failure to submit LGU Entry Forms A and A-1 on the prescribed deadline per cluster disqualifies an LGU from receiving LGU Entry Form B and participating in the games.
7. Substitution of athletes shall be allowed only if the athlete is to be replaced because of injury, illness or school examinations and his/her substitute is playing the same event. Substitution of athletes for other reasons shall NOT be allowed. All requests for substitutions shall be supported by pertinent documents (e.g. Medical Certificate, Certification by School). Substitution of athletes on-site will NOT be accepted. Substitution of athletes qualified for the National Finals is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
III. SPORTS INCLUDED IN GAMES CALENDAR OF EVENTS FOR 2017-2018
1. The following sports are to be played during the Batang Pinoy Qualifying Legs (Mindanao, Visayas, and Luzon) AND 2018 National Finals:
|Basketball||Sepak Takraw||Volleyball (Indoor & Beach)|
2. The following sports are to played during the Batang Pinoy National Finals ONLY:
3. Upon review of submitted LGU Entry Forms A and A-1, the organizers reserve the right to exclude events with three (3) or less participants.
IV. QUALIFICATION FOR THE 2018 FINALS
1. For Individual Events during the Qualifying Legs, only the top five placers/finishers will automatically qualify for the National Finals and receive subsidies.
2. For Team Events during the Qualifying Legs, only the top three placers/finishers will automatically qualify for the National Finals and receive subsidies.
V. SUBSIDY FOR PARTICIPATING LGUs
1. The subsidy is meant to augment an LGU’s expenses for participation in the games. It should NOT be treated as the only source of funds for an LGU to be able to join the games.
2. Subsidies shall automatically be granted to the following athletes who will win during the Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao Qualifying Legs and participate in the National Finals:
a. Individual Events - top five placers/finishers per qualifying leg
b. Team Events - top three placers/finishers per qualifying leg
3. With regards to athletes participating in sports to be played only during the National Finals, subsidies shall be awarded to all medalists.
4. A one-time subsidy shall be given to all qualified athletes, regardless of number of medals won.
5. Subsidies shall be released during the National Finals.
VI. PROTESTS AND APPEALS DURING THE GAMES
1. All participating LGUs may file formal protests with the Batang Pinoy Secretariat regarding athletes’ eligibility (age and residency requirement) only.
2. Petitioning LGUs shall submit an accomplished Protest Form to be provided by the Games Secretariat addressed to the Batang Pinoy Organizing Committee for action.
3. Any documents to support protest on an athlete’s eligibility except birth certificate shall be attached to the Protest Form.
4. The protest must be signed by the Head of Delegation only. Filed protests signed by any other delegation official, coach or parent will NOT be accepted. Athletes are NOT allowed to file any protests.
5. The Protest Form must be submitted in two (2) copies to the Batang Pinoy Secretariat.
6. The protest must be filed twenty-four (24) hours before the athlete is to compete in his/her event’s elimination round/phase.
7. A non-refundable protest fee of Three Thousand Pesos (Php3,000.00) shall be paid by the petitioning LGU.
8. Any protests regarding game/match results and officiating should be filed with the Tournament Manager of the sport concerned.
9. All protests are to be entertained during the games only.
10. All submitted Protest Forms will be forwarded to the Jury of Appeals for review and deliberation.
1. All participating LGUs may file formal appeals with the Batang Pinoy Secretariat onTournament Managers’ decisions on protests regarding game/match results and officiating only.
2. Petitioning LGUs shall submit an accomplished Appeals Form addressed to the Batang Pinoy Organizing Committee for action.
3. The following documents shall serve as supporting attachments for the appeal:
a. Name of athlete/s, technical official/s, and LGU/s concerned
b. Copy of official game/match result certified by Tournament Management
c. Copy of the protest decision rendered by the Tournament Manager
4. The appeal must be signed by the Head of Delegation only. Filed appeals signed by any other delegation official, coach, or parent will NOT be accepted. Athletes are NOT allowed to file any appeals.
5. The Appeal Form must be submitted in two (2) copies to the Batang Pinoy Secretariat.
6. The appeal must be filed within sixty (60) minutes after the decision has been rendered.
7. A non-refundable appeals fee of Five Thousand Pesos (Php5,000.00) shall be paid by the petitioning LGU.
8. The Jury of Appeals shall deliberate on the appeal and issue their decision on the same through writing within twenty-four (24) hours after receipt of the appeal.
Mobile Nos: Smart (0929) 621-6235 ; Globe (0905) 513-2826